Overland Experts offers a wide range of vehicle types and designs. Various engine, transmission, weight, height, wheelbase, and track width combinations will always be available to the client so they can become a proficient driver, regardless of vehicle. For example, driving a solid front axle Hilux 4-cylinder D4D diesel with a manual transmission requires different techniques than driving an IFS FJ Cruiser V6 gasoline with an automatic transmission.
OEX has worked diligently to gather the most effective 4×4 fleet possible. The vehicles are all outfitted with similar parts and accessories, but it is the linear progression of engines and transmissions that allows the operator to be effectively trained in all skill sets. It is through this balance and versatility that all clients attending OEX will maximize and perfect each driving technique they are taught.
The following vehicle types are distributed between our four branches and are used in our Mobile Training Team Fleet:
(1) 2021 Rivian R1T Electric Off-Road package (Coming soon)
(2) 2013 Toyota 2.5L Hilux D4-D Four Door Pickup Diesel Manual Transmission
(1) 2008 Land Cruiser 200 series V8 Gasoline (Coming soon)
(1) 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited V6 Gasoline
(1) 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Land Cruiser 120 based) Gasoline Manual Transmission
(2) 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 HD Four Door Pickup Gasoline V8
(2) 2006-2007 Toyota Tacoma Four Door Pickup Gasoline Manual and Automatic Transmission
(1) 2002 Toyota Tacoma XtraCab Pickup Gasoline Automatic Transmission
(6) 1998-2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series V8 Gasoline
(1) 1998 Land Rover Discovery Gasoline V8 Automatic Transmission
(1) 1997 Toyota 4Runner Gasoline V6
(1) 1995 Mitsubishi Pajero Diesel
(3) 1992-1995 Toyota Surf Diesel RHD and LHD Manual and Automatic Transmission
(6) 1993-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ 80 Series Gasoline
(1) 1994 Toyota Hilux XtraCab Diesel Automatic Transmission
(3) 1991-1993 Toyota Hilux Four Door Pickup Diesel Manual Transmission
(1) 1993 Mitsubishi Pajero Diesel RHD
(1) 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series Diesel RHD Manual Transmission
(2) 1985-89 Toyota Land Cruiser 75 Series Pickup Diesel RHD and LHD
(1) 2003 Lexus GX 470 Gasoline V8 Automatic Transmission
Vehicle Equipment the OEX Way
Having the correct vehicles is only half the battle. Decades of experience in the field has led to OEX perfecting the art of vehicle outfitting. Once you train with the proper equipment, it is imperative that you have access to it in the field moving forward. OEX can either provide you with equipment directly or provide consulting depending on the situation. From U.S. special forces to local utility companies, OEX consistently provides the necessary gear for any application.
Because of our continued success in the industry, our sponsors can get us this equipment at a drastically reduced cost, which we can then pass on to you. The bottom line is that we know what works. Where you get your gear isn’t important to us, as long as you end up with the right equipment in the end.