Overland driving in extreme conditions requires a well trained driver and a reliable vehicle. At OEX you have a choice of using your own vehicle, our vehicle(s), or any combination.
The OEX Fleet
We offer a wide range of vehicles with a variety of designs. Driving a solid front axle Hilux 4 cylinder D4D diesel manual transmission requires attention to different techniques than driving an IFS FJ Cruiser V6 gasoline automatic transmission. A wide range of engine, transmission, weight, height, wheelbase, and track width combinations will always be available to the client so they can become proficient as a driver, regardless of vehicle type.
OEX has worked diligently to gather the most effective 4×4 fleet possible. The vehicles are outfitted with similar parts and accessories, but it is the linear progression of engines and transmissions that allows the operator to be effectively trained in all skill sets. It is through this balance and versatility that all clients attending OEX will maximize and perfect the driving skill with which they are presented.
The following vehicles types are distributed between our four branches and are used in our Mobile Training Team Fleet:
Note: some vehicles may be unavailable on a given day due to maintenance.
- (2) 2013 Toyota 2.5L Hilux D4-D Four Door Pickup Diesel Manual Transmission
- (3) 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series Gasoline V8
- (2) 1989-1990 Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series Diesel RHD Manual Transmission
- (2) 1990-1994 Toyota Hilux XtraCab Diesel Manual and Automatic Transmission
- (3) 1991-1993 Toyota Hilux Four Door Pickup Diesel Manual Transmission
- (2) 1985-89 Toyota Land Cruiser 75 Series Pickup Diesel RHD and LHD
- (3) 1992-1995 Toyota Surf Diesel RHD and LHD Manual and Automatic Transmission
- (1) 1997 Toyota 4Runner Gasoline V6
- (2) 2006-2007 Toyota Tacoma Four Door Pickup Gasoline Manual and Automatic Transmission
- (9) 1993-1995 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ 80 Series Gasoline
- (1) 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Land Cruiser 120 based) Gasoline Manual Transmission
- (1) 1988 Toyota Two Door Pickup Gasoline Manual Transmission
- (2) 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 HD Four Door Pickup Gasoline V8
- (1) 1993 Mitsubishi Pajero Diesel RHD
- (2) 1995-1998 Land Rover Discovery Gasoline V8 Manual and Automatic Transmission
(1) 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series V8 Gasoline
(1) 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited V6 Gasoline
Vehicle Equipment the OEX Way
Having the correct vehicles is only half the battle. Decades of experience in the field has led to OEX perfecting the art of vehicle outfitting. Once you train with the proper equipment, it is imperative that you have access to it in the field. OEX can either provide equipment directly or provide consulting depending on the situation. From U.S. special forces to local utility companies, OEX consistently provides the necessary gear for any application. Because of our continued success in the industry, our sponsors can get us this equipment at a drastically reduced cost, which we in turn can then pass on to you. The bottom line is that we know what works. Where you get your gear isn’t important to us, but that you have the right stuff always will be.