If you prefer maximum seat time, more personalized attention, and tailored instruction, any of our programs can be conducted as private classes either as an individual or for your group. Work with us to design to your unique needs.
Private training gives you, or your small group or organization, the opportunity and time to work on particular techniques, practices, obstacle types, and scenarios. We’ll work with you to align any class to your needs and your abilities before you arrive at one of our locations.
We tailor each private-training course to the needs and schedule of the student(s). For more information regarding cost, requirements, and scheduling opportunities please email email@example.com or call us at 860-873-9640
How do the programs stack up?
- The 5 Vehicle Systems™ - What they are and why they are important.
- OEX Method – How proper wheel placement will allow you to safely navigate, hills, side slopes, ditches, moguls, and moderate rock.
- Pre-Drive vehicle check and preparation.
- Proper driver position, wheel grip, and steering management.
- Left foot braking techniques.
- The proper and safe way to descend and climb hills.
- Proper transmission and transfer case/center differential gear selection and choice.
- Correct spotting techniques and hand signals.
- Recovery introduction, equipment terminology, and proper selection.
- Know your vehicle – What to buy and modify and what not to.
- Everything covered in the 1-day class
- Continued practice of driving methods learned on Day One.
- Recovery, recovery, recovery!
- Static vs. Dynamic recovery techniques and scenarios.
- Towing and snatching (the KERR).
- The electric winch, its use, maintenance, and safety.
- Steel vs synthetic winch line.
- Single line and compound winch pulls with snatch pulley(s).
- The Hi-Lift Jack and it’s safe and proper use in a variety of scenarios.
- Everything covered in the 2-day class
- Continued practice of skills learned in days one and two.
- Field Repair of the:
- — Drivetrain
- — Suspension & Steering
- — Brakes
- — Electrical System
- — Cooling System
- — Fuel System
- — Tires
Custom programs may include elements from all our single- and multi-day programs custom-tailored to fit your needs providing maximum seat-time.
For more information regarding cost, requirements, and scheduling opportunities please emailor call us at: 860-873-9640
Do you use 4WD vehicles at work?
Do you drive off-road vehicles for a living? Are you looking to boost your team's efficiently? Check out out Industrial/military training pages and see how OEX can help your organization.
Thanks to your instruction, I was completely prepared to deal with the rocky obstacles, steep hills covered in loose rock, and the sandy dry washes. We had a great time. When we hit the trail, my friend riding with me said he was really glad I trained with you. Me too.
The training and your presentation style were “over-the-top.” Extraordinary and so valuable! We learned so much and have a whole new appreciation for this incredible sport of off-roading. I am sure I will be back.