Our Iceland 7 day trip begins in the exciting town of Reykjavik and takes you through the high mountain areas, glaciers and black sand beaches of Iceland. You’ll be driving expedition equipped Land Rover Defenders with 38-44″ tires outfitted with in-vehicle GPS, communications and recovery gear.
Trip will concentrate on the deeper interior than we have done before. Accommodations will be in the Highlands much of the time and not on the coast. Goal is to get deep inside and see more of the harder to get to landscapes and glaciers. Trip is also designed to be more affordable. Iceland is a very expensive place to visit and the costs have increased steadily over the years. We are attempting to bring the cost back down to earth.
What to Bring
- Big sun hat – more ugly the better
- Swim suit
- camera and all chargers and extra film or memory cards
- day pack
- Seasonal and smart clothing for early winter New England – think layers and JUST SAY NO TO COTTON.
- Good boots.
- Full rain gear (top and bottom) and change of boots and clothing easily accessible while on trail.
- Gloves – heavy duty leather for recovery work.
- Gloves – winter waterproof.
- Hat – winter.
- Flash lights – Petzal (head lamp).
- Extra snack items and any alcohol is BYO based and available periodically on the journey.
- We suggest you have a set of nice cloths to leave in the city for when we get back and want to go out for the evening.
- Bring any basic medical necessities (prescriptions, etc) as well as normal pain killers, stomach pills (tums or..),, etc.